Join the Public Health Foundation (PHF) for the following webinar session:
Performance Management and the Oversight Role of Boards of Health
Thursday, July 16, from 4-5pm EDT
Presenters: Ron Bialek, President, PHF, and Jack Moran, Senior Quality Advisor, PHF
Effective oversight is key to improving the health of your community. This webinar will explore how performance management can help a Board of Health provide effective oversight of health department programs, without getting into the weeds of operations.
During this webinar, participants will learn about the Public Health Performance Management Framework and its four key components -- standards, measures, reporting, and quality improvement. In addition, the importance of visible leadership from a Board of Health as well as health department senior management for an effective Performance Management System will be explored. Participants also will have an opportunity to discuss how performance management can be useful for collective accountability as health departments engage key community players to address current and emerging health issues and social determinants of health.
1. Describe the Public Health Performance Management Framework.
2. Discuss the role of a Board of Health in assuring effective health department performance management.
3. Describe how performance management can be used as a useful oversight tool.
For more information about this event and to register, click here
Additional Performance Management Resources:
- Performance Management Toolkit: Case stories, publications, and tools that can help individuals, teams, and organizations understand performance management and how to develop successful performance management systems
- Performance Management Courses on TRAIN: The TRAIN Learning Network is the trusted leader in providing training and other learning opportunities to public health, healthcare, behavioral health, preparedness, and other health professionals
- Performance Management On-Site Technical Assistance: PHF’s Performance Management and Quality Improvement Experts are available to provide facilitation, coaching, and training to organizations on how to effectively build and implement a performance management system