With a contribution from the National Library of Medicine, the Public Health Foundation (PHF) developed a Quality Improvement (QI) Quick Guide for public health practitioners, which was launched in 2010. The QI Quick Guide consists of a Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Tutorial, a Quick Quiz, and tailored resources. The Quick Guide was revised and updated in 2017.
The learning objectives of this guide are to:
- Assess your familiarity with QI
- Identify your QI needs
- Discover QI resources tailored to your knowledge and experience level
- Find QI resources geared towards improving public health practice
Getting Started Tips
- It will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete the PDCA Tutorial and 15 minutes to review the Quick Quiz and tailored resources
- You may begin at any page to access QI resources geared toward improving public health practice
- You can find additional related resources from PHF and dozens of other organizations and agencies in the Public Health Improvement Resource Center
- The Quick Guide is also available on TRAIN as Course 1030628 for those interested in keeping a record of completion in their TRAIN transcripts.
PDCA Tutorial >