CDC Webinar - Strategies for Addressing Vaccine Misinformation in the Practice
With recent outbreaks of measles across the U.S., ensuring parents have access to accurate and credible information about vaccines is key to increasing vaccine acceptance. As a trusted source of information about vaccines, healthcare professionals can play a key role in establishing trust and educating parents and patients on the important role that vaccines play in protecting against serious diseases.
In this archived webinar, practicing healthcare professionals share their strategies for recommending vaccines and addressing vaccine hesitancy in their practice settings. Dr. Nancy Messonnier, Director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), provides opening remarks about the agency’s efforts to address vaccine misinformation and the important role that healthcare professionals can play in addressing vaccine misinformation.
Chanie Sternberg, President & CEO of RefuahHealth, and Dr. Corinna Manini, Refuah’s Chief Medical Officer, have worked to cultivate trust with parents and patients in their practice to reassure them that vaccines are safe and effective. RefuahHealth is a federally-qualified health center in New York that serves patients in communities affected by ongoing measles outbreaks. Dr. Todd Wolynn is a practicing pediatrician and CEO at Kids Plus Pediatrics in Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Wolynn has been a vocal advocate for the importance of effective communication to address parental hesitancy about vaccines.
By the end of this archived webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role healthcare professionals can play in addressing vaccine misinformation
- Describe evidence-based approaches to recommending vaccines
- Describe strategies to foster support for vaccination among all staff in the practice
- Highlight available resources to assist healthcare professionals in making effective vaccine recommendations
- Dr. Nancy Messonnier, Director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Chanie Sternberg, President & CEO, RefuahHealth
- Dr. Corinna Manini, Chief Medical Officer, RefuahHealth
- Dr. Todd Wolynn, CEO, Kids Plus Pediatrics
This one-hour webinar was originally presented on August 28, 2019
. Discussion among the presenters and participants that occurred during the live version of the webinar was captured. To learn more:
A written transcript of the webinar will be available in the near future.
For more information, please contact Kathleen Amos at firstname.lastname@example.org