The Florida Department of Health utilized results from the National Public Health Performance Standards (NPHPS) state public health system assessment to support its activities in developing a new State Health Improvement Plan (SHIP). The Florida Department of Health self-rated its activities related to delivering the ten Essential Public Health Services (EPHS) and identified system-wide strengths, challenges, and areas for improvement. Current activities by select EPHS include:
- Monitoring health status (EPHS 1)
- Investigating health problems (EPHS 2)
- Engaging in community redevelopment and partnerships (EPHS 4)
- Improving access to care for chronic disease (EPHS 7)
- Increasing workforce development through training, accreditation preparation, and HIT implementation (EPHS 8)
View the NPHPS Story From the Field - Florida Department of Health to learn more about their current public health activities.
Has your public health agency used the NPHPS public health system assessment? Add a comment below to share other examples of how NPHPS helped improve the performance of your public health system.