A national, nonprofit, non-membership organization serving public health agencies and systems.
Equitable and Optimal Health and Well-being for All
Advance the public health workforce to achieve organizational excellence.
Core to PHF’s Mission is Supporting Healthier Communities and Improving the Public’s Health. We carry out our Mission, and conduct our activities and programs, guided by a set of Shared Values.
Achieving Equity and Justice
- Advancing health equity and social justice
- Working to end racism
- Fostering a sense of belonging among diverse individuals and organizations
- Eliminating health disparities
Accomplishing Our Mission
- Embracing different disciplines, perspectives, and practices
- Being a creative and high-impact organization
- Learning from our past, and seeking innovation and idea-driven solutions for the future
- Connecting with others in the public health and population health communities
- Providing an independent and unbiased perspective
- Using evidence and data to improve performance
- Adapting to meet changing need
- Earning the respect of our partners, customers, and clients
- Ensuring the competence of our people and the quality of what we do