In partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Foundation (PHF) is pleased to announce the release of Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases, 14th Edition or "The Pink Book." This new edition contains updated immunization and vaccine information for public health practitioners, healthcare providers, health educators, pharmacists, nurses, and others who administer immunizations.
"The Pink Book" covers each vaccine-preventable disease and includes the latest comprehensive and credible information on:
The 14th Edition offers an easy-to-read format for immunization professionals to use and reference, including more sections for notes and reference. Updates include:
- Principles of vaccination
- General best practice guidance on immunization
- Vaccine safety
- Infant, child, and adult immunization schedules
- Vaccination data and statistics
- Secular trends
According to CDC, vaccinations will prevent more than 21 million hospitalizations and 730,000 deaths of children born over the last two decades. Routine vaccines also protect adolescents and adults from diseases, such as meningitis, influenza, pneumonia, and shingles. With vaccine hesitancy on the rise and disruption to the immunization delivery system caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever that providers have current and trusted information to protect the community against vaccine-preventable diseases.
- New chapter on Herpes Zoster
- New vaccine administration guidelines
- New recommendations regarding selection of storage and temperature monitoring tools
- New recommendations for vaccine transport
- Updated graphics and statistics
- Updated system-level interventions for providers
- Updated information on available vaccine products
Order your copy of "The Pink Book" through PHF's Online Store. *Receive a 20% discount when you order 250+ copies. Please call us toll-free at (877) 252-1200 for a price quote on bulk purchases. (Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm ET).Looking for additional immunization resources? The PHF Immunization Center provides tools, training, and education to health professionals to increase awareness about the importance of immunizations and reduce vaccine-preventable diseases. TRAIN also offers training courses on routine vaccinations.