PHF helps organizations prioritize challenges and make measurable improvements. Sometimes this requires improving internal processes that result in improved efficiency, effectiveness, and better internal and external customer service. Other times, this requires working with stakeholder collaborative to better understand root causes of health problems, align and refine diverse efforts of stakeholders, and achieve improvements in community health. Whether focusing internally, externally, or both, PHF helps organizations achieve real improvement and impact.
These technical assistance and training services provide facilitation and coaching to public health organizations to aid departments, agencies, boards, divisions and their community and healthcare partners in implementing performance management, quality improvement (QI), and workforce development. All of these services are facilitated on-site by PHF's experts.
There are three ways to review our on-site and remote services:
- Clickable Catalog: Using the navigation panel to the left, click on the service categories that interest you (e.g., Accreditation, Performance Management, Workforce Development).
- Remote Services: Most performance improvement services can be delivered remotely. For examples of some of these services, click here.
- Document: Download a PDF version of the Learning Series Catalog.
The catalog includes technical assistance and training on many topics. PHF can design an event or sequence of events to build on past trainings or established knowledge among participants. These events are designed to help an organization:
- Prepare for public health accreditation
- Lead in the public health QI field
- Acquire training in the latest QI tools and techniques
- Identify and develop improvement objectives and align these objectives with strategies
- Build and sustain performance management capabilities
- Control costs, improve efficiency, improve morale, and strengthen customer satisfaction
- Develop a quality culture which encourages continuous improvement
- Analyze and address the root causes of problems instead of only treating symptoms
- Develop and use metrics and data collection to improve analytical capabilities
- Use QI to design workforce development plans
How We Work with You
Expert Guidance: Our team includes expert facilitators, trainers, and coaches in public health, quality improvement, performance management, business operations, team leadership, and strategic planning.
Partnership and Alignment: We help you build collaborations with your community partners that will stand the test of time, despite competing priorities and resource constraints.
Customized Services: Clients may select individual services or plan a comprehensive sequence of on-site workshops, webinars, and remote assistance to meet emerging needs. While the tools and techniques we use are time-tested, our approach to each organization is flexible and based in reality.
Coaching and Follow-up: Improvement and change take time. To keep the momentum going and help your team push through obstacles, our experts can provide remote coaching and consultation.
Meeting You Where You Are: Both literally and figuratively. We come to you in your community, and we tailor each service in response to the specific needs you articulate.
Each service will be customized to meet a client’s specific needs. Technical assistance and training services are divided into three groups to meet both current and future needs.
- Basic Services provide beginning knowledge
- Intermediate Services provide leadership and team development skills for program expansion
- Advanced Services assist leaders in moving their organizations to a more advanced QI state, institute and sustain a culture of QI, and help move the organization to the cutting edge of quality and innovation
Your organization may also wish to consider one of PHF's training packages.
View technical assistance and training on Quality Improvement, Performance Management, Workforce Development, Accreditation, Strategic Planning, Communications, Kaizen, Leadership and Change Management, and Population Health.